Instead of saying motherfucker you can just say Oedipus
Half of our generation wouldn’t even understand that
yes you are right the thousands of notes on this post prove how ignorant our generation is. only you are intelligent. you are the chosen one.
only real Ancient Greek kids would understand
reblog if ur a tru 650BC kid
We also want to share with you the sorrows of your losses. The tributes of this district were brave and noble warriors, who brought honor to their families and pride to their people. We are all of us, united, both victors and vanquished, in serving a common purpose. The power, and glory of the Capitol. Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever.
3/∞ of my favourite royal pictures (♚)
A young Princess Elizabeth photographed by Cecil Beaton in 1939. Writing in his diary, Beaton said of the young heir: “Princess Elizabeth’s easy charm, like her mother’s, does not carry across in her photographs, and each time one sees her one is delighted to find how much more serene, magnetic, and at the same time meltingly sympathetic she is than one had imagined…One misses, even in colour photographs, the effect of the dazzlingly fresh complexion, the clear regard from the glass-blue eyes, and the gentle, all pervading sweetness of her smile.”
Tsar Nicholas II of Russia at the Livadia Palace surrounded by three of his daughters: from left to right are Grand Duchesses Marie, Anastasia, and Olga Nikolaevna of Russia.
“She [Alexandra] could be frustratingly obsessive and smothering, but she also was a tactile mother whose devotion to family life stood in contrast to the deliberate distance maintained by many royal women of the era. She kept her children’s bassinets in her bedroom when they were infants, and bathed, changed, and nursed them herself. But her somewhat anachronistic attitudes, seriousness, and high-minded ambition often made it difficult for Alexandra to indulge her children’s natural spirits, and most people agreed that with the exception of Tatiana, they all favored their father."
Source: The Resurrection of the Romanovs: Anastasia, Anna Anderson, and the World’s Greatest Royal Mystery.
sexual orientation: dead historical figures
Mary Stuart Queen of Scots & Queen of France
↳ 8 December 1542 – 8 February 1587
On a wintry December day in 1542 a baby was born at the royal palace at Linlithgow. Marie of Guise, wife of James V gave birth to the girl who was to become known as Mary Queen of Scots. It did not seem a time for rejoicing, however: James V lay dying in Falkland Palace after the disastrous defeat of his troops by the English at Solway Moss. Six days after her birth he died and Mary was declared the new monarch of Scotland. Still only a baby, she was crowned Queen on 9 September 1543 at Stirling Castle. Historic-Scotland.
That man you see there, he is a 92 year old veteran from Norway, who was tortured by the nazis during world war II.
The upper picture is the picture of the “BOY London” logo, that’s so popular now days.
Then, on the picture under, is a known symbol that were used under by the nazis in World War II.
Now you can all think of what you’re really wearing.
finally someone made a post about it, everyone’s running around with the Third Reich Eagle on their chests
think about it
yes make it known. nobody ever talks about it.
i didn’t know this, i’m ashamed to own and actually be wearing this logo right now.
I was fucking shocked the first time I saw someone wear one of these shirts in public so casually
like, seriously? what the fuck?
- "Sure, Hitler did terrible things, but you have to admit he was a brilliant man!" I have to do no such thing. He was a shiftless, self-absorbed layabout who found pontificating and rabble-rousing easier than doing actual work. Like many essentially worthless human beings, he did have a great deal of skill in manipulation, which enabled him to draw people in and use them, but I don’t call that genius.
- "The Nazis eliminated unemployment!" Any improvements the Nazis made in the German economy were short-term and unsustainable. Unemployment was eliminated in a manner of speaking — by running up ridiculous amounts of debt, cutting wages by 25%, and interning or declaring ineligible a sizable portion of the work force. Rationing began in 1937, two years before the invasion of Poland — a healthy peacetime economy does not have rationing. Their economic model relied on taking over other countries and stealing their resources — it was the only hope they had of making up the deficit.
- "The Nazis were brutally efficient!" Nothing the Nazis did was even remotely efficient. Hitler’s idea of governing was to put businesses and state departments in direct competition with each other for his personal favor. This resulted in massive corruption, bureaucratic bottlenecks, and an untold waste of time and resources. The economy wasn’t put on a full wartime footing until 1942 because no one was able or willing to do so.
- "Okay, maybe Hitler wasn’t that smart, but he was still a military genius!" Germany’s military successes during the first half of the war can best be explained by their choice of opponents — most countries were hopelessly overwhelmed, while France not-so-secretly wanted to be Germany’s girlfriend — and by the skill of the senior officers who came up through the old imperial system. When faced with opponents who actually had their shit together (and in the case of Soviet Russia that’s being charitable) Hitler’s vaunted strategic abilities were shown for their true worth — little to none.
- "Nazi science was phenomenal!" Please stop learning things from History Channel specials about “Hitler’s UFOs.” The Nazis sucked as bad at science as they did at everything else, in large part because they outright rejected a lot of theoretical advances as “Jewish science” and drove some of their greatest minds out of the country (who promptly came to the US). There’s a reason we developed the atom bomb first, and it’s because we had all their best scientists and they were left with the time-servers and jackboot-lickers.
- "But if they hadn’t invaded Russia they would’ve won the war!" Anyone who offers this as a counterfactual has completely failed to understand what Nazism was about, and it bugs the shit out of me. This wasn’t some accidental miscalculation. It was actually the entire point of National Socialism, the entire point of the whole war — carving out “living space” in the East. Was it a stupid thing to do? Sure! But here’s the thing you need to understand about the Nazis: hatred always won out over practical considerations. They hated Russians, they hated Communism, they wanted to destroy Russia’s Jews, and they weren’t about to let silly things like “reality” or “good sense” get in the way of their glorious destiny. It’s the same thing as rejecting good science because it was developed by Jewish people. They didn’t give a shit about objective reality; all they cared about was the glory of the German race and the destruction of all others. If you don’t understand this, you will never understand Nazi Germany, and you will continue to swallow lies like the ones listed above.
tl;dr: Nazi Germany was a huge fucking mess from beginning to end and anyone who says otherwise is totally ignorant and very likely a Nazi apologist.
❅Victorian Wassail Punch
The wassail punch was traditionally served to carolling groups after their singing was done. They’d be invited into the Victorian home to warm themselves and drink from the wassail bowl. The recipes varied from family to family, but the most important element was that it be hot to get rid of the winter chill.
Ingredients : 6 small apples, washed, cores removed
1 litre/1 pint 15¼fl oz beer or cider
2 cinnamon sticks, crushed using a mortar and pestle
2 pinches ground cloves
freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
1 lemon, sliced
Same ! During all the movie I was trying discreetly to dry my tears haha although most of the time I was shivering, there are some great scenes ! I just can’t wait to see the two next one. And how happy I am that they decided to do it in two parts, the pleasure will be multiplied by twice ;)
Николай II и Цесаревич Алексей. (×)
Nicholas II and Tsesarevich Alexei.
Just came back from seeing Catching Fire ! And holy shit that was grandiose !